The following information will make your trip to Platformers' Days quick and easy, wether you're travelling by car, public transport, rail or air.
How to get there
From the motorway A5 / A8:
On the A8 from Stuttgart follow the A5 in the direction of "Basel". Leave the A5 at exit no. 48 "Karlsruhe-Süd" and follow the signs "Messe".
From the motorway A65:
The A65 turns into the B10. Leave the B10 at exit no. 8 and follow the signs for "Messe".
On the exhibition grounds you will find a total of 7,000 car parking spaces on 3 parking lots as well as a parking lot for VIP/press. Parking fee: € 8,00/day
Tickets for the FareZone 100 apply for travel to the Messe/Leichtsandstraße tram and bus stop when a trade fair is on.
Messe/Leichtsandstraße or Messe Nord tram stops
From the city centre:
- Underground Line S2 (destination Rheinstetten).
From Karlsruhe central station:
- From the main train station, you can take various trains to the city center to change at the Europaplatz subway station:
- Line S1/S11 in the direction of Neureut or Hochstetten
- Line 2 direction Knielingen Nord
- Line 3 direction Daxlanden or Rappenwörth
- At Europaplatz, change to Underground Line S2, direction Rheinstetten (stop Messe/Leichtsandstraße).
From Durlacher Tor:
- Line S2 (destination Rheinstetten).
More information including fares and departure times can be found on the KVV website.
Messe Nord or Messe/Leichtsandstraße bus stop
- Bus Line 106 (destination Neuburgweier Breslauer Str.)
All of the timetables of the KVV bus network are available here.
We provide a shuttle bus between Main Train Station Karlsruhe and Karlsruhe Trade Fair Center (West Mainentrance).
The journey lasts approx. 20 minutes.
Here you can download the current timetable.
Karlsruhe is a hub for ICE, InterCity, EuroCity and InterRegio trains, and is located directly on the Hamburg-Frankfurt-Basel intercity line. The east-west line Karlsruhe-Stuttgart-Munich begins here too. And the high-speed TGV train takes you from Paris to Karlsruhe in just three hours.
The best way to get there.
Pay as little as EUR 51.90 (one-way) with the Event Ticket.
Karlsruher Messe- und Kongress GmbH has partnered up with Deutsche Bahn to create an exclusive deal that allows you to travel conveniently to and from your Fairs and Congresses.
Take advantage and make the journey time yours. Use your outward and return journeys to work, read or relax. Whatever you decide to do, your long-distance travel with the Event Ticket will be powered by 100% renewable energy.
That special extra for you. Your Event Ticket at a single nationwide price, available at every DB station.
The price for your event ticket for a single journey:
- for use only on one specific connection (subject to availability):
- 2nd Class EUR 51.90
- 1st Class EUR 84.90
- for use on all connections (always available):
- 2nd Class EUR 72.90
- 1st Class EUR 106.90
This offer is valid until 2023-Dez-09.
You can make the most of your travel time by using your journeys to and from your destination for work, relaxation or enjoying our on-board services. You can also rest assured that your long-distance travel is completely powered by electricity generated by renewable resources.
Click here for the full range of information about DB's Event Ticket.
Karlsruher Messe- und Kongress GmbH and Deutsche Bahn wish you a pleasant journey!
The event ticket provided by Deutscher Bahn does not include the ticket for access to the trade fair or congress event of Karlsruher Messe- und Kongress GmbH.
Karlsruhe Trade Fair Centre has excellent connections to at least 4 airports:
Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden (approx. 30 minutes by road) and other major international airports such as Frankfurt, Stuttgart and Strasbourg (50–60 minutes by road).
Are you travelling with a camper van or trailer and would like to stay overnight directly at the fair? We offer you the opportunity to do so on our parking lot P3. Electricity can only be guaranteed if you order in time.
Please use the following formula to book your parking space up to 14 days before the fair begins. Electricity can only be guaranteed if you order in time:
- Free service for your visit to the fair: Please contact the colleagues from the DRK on site on the relevant day of the fair by calling 0721-3720 5230.
- A wheelchair will then be brought to you for the duration of your visit to the fair. Please choose the main entrance of the fair.
- Carparks are available for you in the first row of the P1 carpark.
Trade-fair shuttle bus service
- A complementary barrier-free shuttle bus service operates between the central railway station and the Trade fair for the duration of the event.
- More information about getting to the trade fair grounds by public transport can be found here.
- Information on the KVV’s reduced-mobility itinerary planning is available here, or please call 0721/6107-5886 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Please use the following service for more information about Deutsche Bahn’s rail links and train attendants:
- Telephone number: 030 65212888
- Fax number: 030 65212899
- Email: email@example.com